Friday, March 27, 2009

Scenic Route

Let's just say that Spring break is underway here and I cannot wait for next week when hubby takes a few days off so we can go to one of the many attractions here in SoCal and let the kids enjoy their break before heading back to school. We've just been enjoying the free time, lounging around, and being lazy which, of course, gave me the chance to whip out this layout for the SR monthly challenge. This Sonoma collection is my other fave next to their Grafton collection. I was hanging on to these papers, but no more, so here's what I got done last night.
and an up close look at the flower cut-outs outlined with stickles:I just love how the stickles add that extra oomph to anything and I can't seem to stop myself from cutting out flowers! I joke that I'm like that old lady in the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes." :) Remember, she had the entire walls in her hospital room covered with flower cut-outs from magazines? I did that in my teens with old photo albums years before I discovered scrapbooking, lol. Well, that's it for now. I've got dinner brewing & a date with James Bond tonight... in Quantum of Solace, that is. Ha!

I hope your weekend is fabulous!!

0 comments: