Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth to Me

Happy Earth Day Go GREEN!!

Well, it seems like I'd just fallen off the face of the earth lately, but life happens as it always does, and before you know it, time's ran off in a blink of an eye. Easter was celebrated in the same fashion with what else, cupcakes, egg painting, hunting, and the inevitable sugar high. Oh, but don't these look sooo good though? Mmm mnnn...
I haven't scrapped anything lately, but I got a new Cricut travel cartridge and am excited to start our family album which will be an ongoing project. I'll add to it from time to time to document the many "firsts" we will have in our new home... first seasons, holidays, and what-have-yous. I'm liking the idea of progressively working & adding to this album and being able to reflect on all of it later. Check out my messy work area. :)Using mod podge for paper on the Maya Road chipboard house front cover.

Then, I used paints from Making Memories for the rest of the houses...

I've got a few more ideas up my sleeve that I'd love to implement once the weather cooperates. I cannot believe it spiked up to almost 100 degrees these past couple of days, just insane! Last weekend was beautiful enough though that we went for a relaxing day trip to a place called Julian, California. Loved the rolling hills, the rocky hillsides, all the apple orchards, farm & ranch houses, and of course the little ol' town itself chockful of historical buildings still standing since the late 1800s.

Here's the family on our way to one of the remaining original bakery... Joey & the kids ordered a giant cinnamon roll, big blueberry muffins, old-fashioned apple crumb pie ala mode while I had the boysenberry apple pie with a cafe mocha. Yum!

Ok, I better stop, lol, I'm making myself hungry! :P Till next time...

0 comments: