Thursday, September 10, 2009

September Update

Well, so much for keeping up with this blog! After our summer vacay last month, we'd a week to prep for school before it started early on Aug. 17 and ever since then, we've been pretty much occupied. I did luck out being able to join in on ACOT's online crop the other weekend, so I've got a few pages to show for it and tonight, I scrambled to put this layout together, just not wanting to miss out on the challenge by American Crafts to create a page with a friendship theme using 2 fave products. Yep, I'm still hoarding more Flairs & stashing Platform Thickers in every color! (Please excuse the photo, I didn't have the best lighting tonight :))
A photo of my youngest with his first ever BFF in Kindergarten. And, up close:

Also I'm sharing this totally fab paper from AC which I used for a Fast Scrap challenge.

Another Fast Scrap challenge to make 2 cards using same set of supplies -- KI Ms here:

This recycle challenge I loved since I got to decorate an empty AC flower canister!

This layout was for the mixing of B&W and color photos:

Another challenge: Use transparency which I sandwiched between the cardstock & paper.

Why yes, that is another Flair you see, lol.

The challenge here was to create an entire B&W layout with a burst of 1 bright color.

Those are my 4 silly children aka "The Remix" composing a song together. :)

I just love the burst of orange on this layout!

And, then there's the inevitable "Story of Us" page for every couples out there. I included a small photo of us on our honeymoon in Baja, Mexico ages ago when we were only 20 & 21 years old and well, not much has changed... we're still kissy-kissy like this (I know, gag, lol!) but we are now wayyy older. *sigh*
Anyway, I think that's it... Summer break photos to share in my next post. I'm just happy I actually got to finish a layout tonight! Ok, off to share it on the AC blog. :) G'night!

0 comments: